Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Hike Friedrich Park

Happy Friday!!!  Perfect weather today, 82, sunny, with a little bit of a breeze.  Today we were off to Friedrich Park.  I am loving my H2O backpack.  I fill the bladder halfway and keep in the freezer, then when I am ready to go I fill the rest of the way with water.  I have icy cold water for whole hike.  There is room for snacks, wallet, keys, phone AND my camera. 

THIS sign is posted at the head of the trail!  Bobcats and mountain lions!  OH MY!

Now hogs, coyotes, snakes I can deal with, but bobcats and mountain lions make me a little nervous.  And WHAT is OTHER SPECIES?  Zombies?

Well, on to the beauty of nature.........

A lot of the trail was walking through trees that formed  canopy over our heads.  The trail we were on was only 1 1/2 miles, but it was 350 feet up and then 350 down.  The up was more gradual, but the down was steep!





Please excuse the dorky hat and glasses.  Take note of the stick I use to defend myself from wild animals.
Flambeau parade tomorrow night.
Adios amigos y amigas!

2 comments:

  1. Can I request some pictures of blue bonnets? Is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of the drought there wasn't much of a showing of the blue bonnets or other flowers. there were a few at the entrance to where I live, but they are pretty much gone now. I am hoping we have some rain soon, maybe more flowers will pop up. The cactus are blooming though. I need to get some pictures of those before they are gone. They have bright yellow and orange blossoms.

    ReplyDelete